What do we do ?
How can you benefit ?
To see how the BBHT is set up see What is BBHT? page. The Church Branch have 40% of income for maintenance of St Mary's church. The Non-Ecclesiastical branch have the remaining 60% of income which is used for the benefit of Datchet.
Non-Ecclesiastical funds are used for organisations in the village who need financial help with a project of some kind. Look at the Projects and More Projects pages to get a feel for some of the things we have helped with over recent years, and read the History of the Trust page to discover why we exist. The annual accounts are registered with the Charities Commission, Charity Number 248190.
More or less any project can be considered and we rarely decline requests that come from Datchet based organisations or benefit Datchet residents. All you need to do is send an email or telephone The Clerk - Adrian Needham on 01753 593771 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your request (see Can We Help? page).
The Trust has financed some major enterprises such as the riverfront wall, refurbishment of the war memorial and facilities on the recreation ground, as well as helping organisations that are kept going by the hard work of volunteers. In recent years we have supported diverse activities including,
Datchet Corona Volunteers funding support
Churchmead School - Provision of musical instruments to set up a new Music Department, including ukulele band
Technology - provision of sublimation printer and laptops
Provision of pupil lockers and cashless till system
Datchet Womens Institute - external maintenance works
Datchet St Mary's School - Groundworks to reinstate play area
Datchet Scouts to allow them to send representatives to attend the World Scout Jamborees, as well as provision of security fencing
Datchet Players - stage curtains
Thames Hospice Care - Lifting devices and height adjustable beds
Datchet Football Club - provision of new football kit
The Bridge - refrigerated display cabinet
Datchet Cricket Club - Practice nets and bar cooler.
We regularly give donations to the British Legion for the Christmas on the Green celebrations as well as to the Datchet Fete Committee to provide equipment.
The Golf Club has benefitted by receiving a grant for a new aerator and mower.
Talking Newspapers, Datchet Chat, Datchet Village Hall, Wild About Datchet, the Village Society, the Parish Council and many more have received help with grants which range from as much as £50,000 and as little as £74. So is there something that your organisation needs, or would benefit from as an extra that would be helpful?
What can we do for you? Make contact if you think we can help.